WORK VS PRIVATE
Describe your average work day:
My days are so varied but here are some of the things I get up to:
- Consulting my private 1- 1 clients either online or in person. I am coaching them step by step through their transformational health journey. I help them to understand why their body is running low on vital nutrients and help them to review their lifestyle and eating habits which are detrimental to their health.
- Communicating with laboratories, I order functional tests for my clients which help me to identify underlying health problems.
- I translate test results and create meal/supplement plans to support my clients’ individual needs.
- I answer emails from clients and help keep them accountable for personal goals and to help defuse any stress or anxiety they may be experiencing due to lifestyle changes.
- I introduce clients to my online health portal and complete all onboarding administrative tasks.
- I create new content for upcoming workshops or social media.
- I host zoom meetings with potential corporate clients.
- I listen to educational podcast and attend continuous learning development workshops.
- Prepare and host online cooking/nutrition workshop.
- Prepare for presentations on numerous health related topics.
- I attend online networking events.
- I meet with my mentor and business coach.
- Business administration tasks
Describe your average day off:
- I begin my day with stretching and yoga/exercise in the park.
- I enjoy quiet mornings listening to gentle music, while preparing breakfast.
- Sometimes I read a book for a couple of hours.
- I like to sing each day, so make sure I exercise my voice at home.
- When weather permits, I can easily spend 4-5hrs in my allotment, tending to my vegetables or just being there reading and having a picnic.
- I also like to go to the beach and have long walks, grabbing coffee with friends.
- I like to visit local markets and check out what the new food producers are selling and often like to visit other towns and cities.
- During covid times, I meet up with another friend for dinner at home and enjoy a nice glass of wine.
What makes you really happy?
Being outdoors with family and friends, enjoying time/food together in nature.
What irritates you the most?
Being late for something and feeling stressed.
Who inspires you and why?
- Dr Deanna Minich inspires me through her holistic lifestyle teachings of the interconnectedness of food/spirituality/community/love/nature. Having seen her many times on stage, I am drawn to her incredible knowledge of the human body and mind which I adopt into my own health practice.
Sir David Attenborough, a man who has been on a mission his whole life to understand the natural world and the symbiotic relationships between its different ecosystems. His determination and involvement in sustainability and climate change issues, inspires me to consider my impact on this planet.
My parents – Through their absolute hard work and dedication to providing a sanctuary of warmth, safety, strength and support for myself and my siblings. For their overwhelming love and devotion for each other and their resilience to fight through life’s challenges together.
What is your favourite place in the world?
Scotland, my home followed by Sri Lanka then India.
What is vitality to you?
To have love and kindness for myself, stepping out of bed each day feeling energized and revived.
How do you take care of your own vitality?
I spend almost each day outside in nature, often going for a walk with friends or working in my allotment. I also exercise 3 x per week with a friend in the park and wind down with yoga and meditation as often as I can. I sing in a choir and try to make sure that I meet with friends to laugh and chat.
Which must read/see/follow do you highly recommend?
“Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens. It is such a moving, beautiful book about the survival of a young girl abandoned by her family in the marshes on Northern California. Wild and barefoot she learns to live off the land taking teachings from the animals and the natural world around her. Misunderstood by society, she soon becomes a suspect to the murder of a local boy.
What is (are) your best tip(s) to share with others?
- Create morning and bedtime rituals for yourself that help to open and close your day with clarity and stillness of mind.
- Nourish yourself with a good breakfast and pay attention to body signals that alert you to malfunction of body and mind.
- Find yourself an activity that helps you to express your thoughts and feelings and keep active in a community that fits with your values!
I am a holistic Nutritional Therapist specialising in hormone and reproductive health. I believe that everyone has the right to have access to education that helps them to feel better and free from pain every day!
I do this by teaching online theoretical webinars, complemented by fun cooking workshops. I also coach clients on 1-1 basis, helping them to find a balanced and healthy relationship with food. I provide them with a personalised realistic plan that supports their overall health and wellness goals.
Office Talk by OnlineFitCompany contains informative blogs on physical and mental health and inspiring interviews with office workers and vitality experts.