WORK VS PRIVATE
Describe your average work day:
Every morning as a family we prepare to go to school or to work. As soon as I leave in the car, my working day starts with telephone appointments. I use this travel time by already handling these activities. After arriving in the office in Almere work continues with live or digital appointments with my colleagues, customers and partners about our collaboration. I make time for lunch and for a chat with colleagues. Around 18:00pm I drive back home. During the ride home, I reflect on the day. When arriving home I can often sit down for dinner straight away, after which I regularly open my laptop as soon as my son has gone to sleep.
Describe your average day off:
The weekend is sacred to me and my family. Our Saturdays and Sundays are often filled with communal activities. I also love meeting up with friends, going into town or meet up at home. Lately this has been less because of Corona, but an online pub quiz also works fine and is much fun. I relax by giving full attention to my family, taking care of body and mind and exercising. I used to go for a run, but nowadays this manifests itself more in cycling and mountain biking.
What makes you really happy?
I really enjoy enthusiastic and motivated colleagues at work. I enjoy passion. And also seeing that within my husband and son. I get a lot of satisfaction from this.
What irritates you the most?
When the glass is half full.
Who inspires you and why?
People who go completely for something with a lot of passion. That can be very close to home: my husband who is committed to achieving a faster time for a triathlon, but also a vision of a friend or colleague and who takes action accordingly. Practice what you preach makes me very happy, showing courage and going for it.
What is your favourite place in the world?
What is vitality to you?
Attention to body and mind by eating healthy, living and exercising enough despite a super full agenda. By keeping this up, I have energy and I can give everything.
How do you take care of your own vitality?
Take enough rest, exercise and take good care of body and mind. I think mindfulness is very good. Being in the moment ensures that you enjoy yourself optimally and are there.
Which must read/see/follow do you highly recommend?
- I follow Lonneke Nootenboom on Instagram when it comes to enjoying passionate entrepreneurs. I love fashion and she has made it her job. She also takes good care of herself, tells about how things can go wrong and thus inspires others. She has a high level of aspiration and I like that.
- A fantastic book that I recommend to everyone is: Humanocracy: Creating Organizations as Amazing as the People inside them by Gary Hamel. “In a world of unrelenting change and unprecedented challenges, we need organizations that are resilient and daring.”
What is (are) your best tip(s) to share with others?
Stay yourself, believe that you can always contribute and have the courage to bring this to the table.
USG People Nederland is a leading HR services provider in the Netherlands, active with brands such as Start People, Unique, Technicum, USG Professionals and Secretary Plus. USG People Netherlands is part of RGF Staffing, one of the largest HR service providers worldwide with activities in Europe, Japan, North America and Oceania. Every day, more than 300,000 employees work at companies and institutions through the RGF Staffing network. Click on the logo to visit the website.
- How does a HR Manager in the floral industry take care of his own vitality? Read the interview with Walter Minderhoud or Royal FloraHolland.
- How do ‘thinking-feel-doing’ interventions increase your vitality? Read the interview with Angelique Dekker of Dekker Development.
- What are the best snacks to fuel the brain whilst working? Read the top 6 most delicious and healthy snacks.
Office Talk by OnlineFitCompany contains informative blogs on physical and mental health and inspiring interviews with office workers and vitality experts.